A&A Pharmachem offers quality bulk L-Ascorbic Acid powder !
Ascorbic acid also known as L-Ascorbic Acid is vitamin C which is naturally found in various foods. It is also chemically manufactured and used or sold as a dietary supplement. Ascorbic acid in supplements is often derived from corn starch, corn sugar, or rice starch, and is chemically dependent upon volatile acids.
L-Ascorbic Acid is an affordable bioavailable form of Vitamin C and it dissolves quickly in water. It is commonly used and added to commercially produced foods and beverages. The product is a white or yellowish white fine granular powder with a sour taste. However, it is easily destroyed by oxidation especially close to heat or alkalinity. The molecules of L-Ascorbic Acid are fragile and can degrade in foods during preparation, cooking and even in storage.
The most common usage of L-Ascorbic Acid is the following:
- Vitamin C dietary supplement. Commercial vitamin C is often a combination of ascorbic acid, Sodium Ascorbate and/or other ascorbates such as Calcium Ascorbate and Ascorbyl Palmitate. It is hard to obtain from natural sources and supplementation has become necessary due to eating habits and lifestyles.
- Food additive or Flour treatment agent: L-ascorbic acid is also used as a food additive which is added to flour or dough to improve baking quality and colour.
- Food antioxidant: L-ascorbic acid has preservative properties and helps to protect against food deterioration. Ascorbic acid, together with sodium, potassium, and calcium salts, are typically used as antioxidant food additives.
- Cosmetic ingredient for skin care products: L-Ascorbic acid is added to skin care products to improve skin health and reduce wrinkles, lines and sun spots.
The two most common benefits of Vitamin C or L- Ascorbic Acid supplementation are:
• Boosting the immune system.
• Increasing and stimulating the collagen production and improving skin health
The recommended daily value (DV) by FDA for vitamin C is 90 mg. However, the adult dosage (Oral, IM, IV, subcutaneously) can range from 50 to 200 mg/day. The pediatric dosage can range from 35 to 100 mg/day.
We at A&A Pharmachem offer pure grades of L-Ascorbic Acid powder in bulk to contract manufacturers and brand owners. Please contact us now for a quote!