A&A Pharmachem MCT Oil Powders
A quick Guide to
C8, C10, C12 MCT's
Medium Chain Triglycerides, in short MCT, are fats that are found in products like Coconuts, dairy etc. MCT is easily digested by the body. MCT’s are considered as healthy fats which have positive health benefits like weight loss, increasing healthy cholesterol levels, decrease in appetite, lower blood pressure etc.
Coconut oil is one of the healthy plant based oils which has a creamy texture, light flavouring and various applications. MCT oil is generally processed or extracted from coconut oil. MCT is also found in palm oil and dairy products.
There are multiple types of MCT’s however the main types are C8, C10 and C12. Fat molecules have bodies with long thin tails which are made of carbon. C8 means 8 carbons make up the tail of fat molecules. The number of carbons in the MCT oil delivers different benefits.
C8, the shortest MCT, also called Caprylic acid is present in Coconut, palm oil, butter and milk of mammals. The body breaks down this fat molecule easily. C8 MCT or Caprylic acid offers these benefits:
- Effective energy source - C8 is quickly converted to Ketones which are small bundles of energy which is a very effective alternative to the body’s regular energy source, Glucose. Ketones create more energy using less oxygen and therefore are more efficient than glucose. C8 enhances physical performance and maybe added to sports nutrition performance supplements.
- Reduction of gut inflammation- C8 seems to supress interleukin 8 which is a protein which causes intestinal inflammation. Intake of C8 may lead to better digestion and heal leaky or sensitive gut.
- Fighting infections - C8 is considered to be an effective anti-bacterial element that can kill Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and E. coli bacteria in the milk.
C10 MCT or Capric Acid is extracted from coconut oil, palm kernel oil, goat’s milk, and animal fats like tallow. Some of the benefits that C10 offer are:
- Immunity booster- C10 apparently fights infectious pathogens which causes illness
- Anti-fungal properties – C10 seems to fight against fungus in the stomach which causes digestive issues.
C12 MCT or Lauric acid is mostly extracted from Coconut oil which it has the highest percentage in it, around 48%. Benefits of C12 MCT are:
- Weight loss or control: Consumption of C12 MCT leads to lesser appetite which in turn leads to lesser intake of food. This may lead to managing and controlling weight.
- Cooking in high heat: As C12 MCT oil has a high smoke point, it is good and healthy oil for frying.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties: C12 MCT oil can be used in skin applications to treat acne. When consumed, the human body converts C12 MCT into monolaurin which is said to kill pathogens like E-coli, measles and herpes.
Most MCT oils usually contain either 100% C8 / Caprylic Acid or 100% C10 / Capric acid or a combination of the 2 (C8 & C10). MCT oils can be from dairy and non- dairy source. C12 is seldom used as it is a longer chain and takes longer to absorb and processed by the body than C8 or C10 MCT’s.
MCT Oil Powders (CAS# 65381-09-1) are most commonly used in Dietary supplements as opposed to MCT Oil form as it is easier on the human digestive system, has a neutral flavor and easily mixes into applications.
A&A Pharmachem offers various variants of MCT Oil powders (CAS# 65381-09-1) - Dairy / Non Dairy, Organic, Concentrations - 40%/ 50% / 70%, carriers - Gum Arabica, Maltodextrin, etc. Contract Manufacturers and Dietary Supplement brands can source and buy MCT Oil powders in bulk quantities.
The most common MCT oil powders (CAS# 65381-09-1) that A&A Pharmachem offers in bulk packaging (20 or 25 kg pack sizes) are:
- Clean label, vegan / non diary 40%, 50% or 70% MCT Oil powder : C8:C10-6:4 with carrier Gum Arabic that can be used in Ketogenic Diet and weight management applications.
- Non Dairy / Vegan 50% MCT Oil powder : C8:C10-6:4 with Carrier: Maltodextrin, Starch Sodium Octenyl Succinate (Corn or Tapioca) which can be used in Ready-to-drink beverages, protein powders, energy drinks and bars, gel packs, gummies.
- Non Dairy / Vegan 50% MCT Oil powder : C8:C10-6:4 with Carrier: Isomaltooligosaccharide (IMO), Starch Sodium Octenyl Succinate(Corn or Tapioca), Emulsifiers, Acidity Regulator, SiO2 which can be used in Ready-to-drink beverages, protein powders, energy drinks and bars, gel packs, gummies.
- 50% and 70% MCT Oil powder: C8:C10-6:4 cold Water Soluble from Dairy source with Carrier- : Isomaltooligosaccharide (IMO), Sodium Caseinate Emulsifiers, Acidity Regulator -SiO2 which can be used in Ready-to-drink beverages, protein powders, energy drinks and bars, gel packs, gummies.
- 50% MCT Oil powder : C8:C10-6:4 cold Water Soluble from Dairy Source with Carrier: Maltodextrin, Sodium Caseinate Emulsifiers, Acidity Regulator,SiO2 which can be used in Ready-to-drink beverages, protein powders, energy drinks and bars, gel packs, gummies.
A&A Pharmachem also offers MCT oil powders that are Non-GMO, Organic and clean label to Contract manufacturers and Dietary Supplement brands.
More information available at A&A Pharmachem MCT Oil Powder
Please contact us for additional information or for a quote for buying bulk MCT Oil Powders !